Address: Bâtiment IMAG – Université Grenoble Alpes
700 avenue Centrale – Domaine Universitaire
38401 St Martin d’Hères – France
Phone: +33 (0)4 57 42 18 80
The meeting will take place in the IMAG building (see here for details) located on the Grenoble University campus (one of the most beautiful in France). To go there from downtown, you can either take the tramway B or C and stop at the tram station “Gabriel Fauré” (see map below). The tram tickets can be bought at any tram station (for about 1.50 euros each).
The easiest ways to get to Grenoble are to:
- fly to Lyon Airport and take the bus shuttle (about 30 euros return ticket) to Grenoble main bus station, close to the train station. There is one shuttle every hour (sometimes more) from 5:30am to 00:30am and it takes about an hour to reach Grenoble downtown. You can purchase tickets directly at the airport or online via the following links: (1) ouibus (2) flixbus
- fly to Genova Airport and take the AeroCar bus shuttle (about 75 euros return ticket) or the train (similar price). The trip takes about 2 hours.
- fly to Paris and then train (TGV) to Grenoble (about 3 hours one way):
– prices for the train (two ways) vary from 50 euros to 250 euros
– train tickets should be obtained through the national railways company (SNCF) website: www.oui.sncf
– note that the SNCF also operates buses, which are much cheaper than the train